Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Leave your heart with us . . .


Read in a local newspaper recently  an issue very dear to me - organ donation. I signed up as an organ donor some years ago and I believe every caring and responsible human should leave behind their organs when they die (you are not going to use them and in a few hours all your organs will begin to rot away).

As  Christians, the belief that the physical body is a temporary tent and that God has promised a new body in the resurrection are good enough reasons to donate our organs the moment we die.

I also learnt that giving your organs when you die is known as cadaveric donation.

I then learnt that you can donate some organs while you are still ALIVE – life organ donation. Wow, that’s a challenge I would consider if I could give away something I could spare so some one else may live . . .

Being an ‘idea man’ I had this crazy idea: create an advert for newspapers and billboards with the phrase ‘Please leave behind your heart when you leave . . .’ with a suitable background picture. Anybody want to add to this idea or take it up?

Lastly, something that REALLY irritates me – there is no clear place or person to contact in Kuching for organ donation. If you know anything about this, PLEASE  let me know. I’ve got friends who want to give their hearts (and kidney and eyeballs . . .) away.

2 comments:

Jas said...

Hi, actually you may go to the chinese association "tzu chi" for further information, and not mistaken, we also can directly go to hospital to get more information about it... :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Pst Pet, they did that campaign in Spore a few yrs back. I had wanted to sign up but I changed my mind.
i)Assuming,after involving in an accident, I had a chance of survival rate but bcos of mismanagement in the system, they wud actually terminate my life without weighing all the facts.Mismanagement may equate to: Money can drive ppl to do the weirdest thing.
ii) Before I signed, I saw a clause in the form which sounded like a threat that sound smtg like this "If you choose not to be a donor, you may not be given a chance to receive a donor's organ when the time comes"...It turned me off and I wrote "NO" i dont want to be a donor...poorly written campaign.