Sunday, July 17, 2011

Oh my headers

The heading for a news report is very important but one requires a unique skill to be able to create correct and interesting ones. I realised this when several headings I had okayed were changed before printing and the corrected ones were, I believe, better. I am thankful for these examples and the challenge to create better headings. Here are some samples of before and after headings:

B: Woman loses bag in car as she pops into convenience store
A: Woman loses expensive items when motorcyclist steals bag

B: Foreign duo held over RM480000 from robberies
A: Foreign duo detained to help in probe into robberies

B; Robbery spills into the great Rajang
A: Armed duo rob boat skipper

There's much to learn by just comparing these before and after headings - go figure!

No comments: