Friday, July 29, 2011

Careful always

Meticulous 1. Extremely careful and precise or 2. Extremely or excessively concerned with details.

Yup, that's the word that sum's up an editors work ethic and standard whenever he/she is editing. I learnt this the last few days after my edited reports where edited by senior editors and returned to me with many red markings/corrections (now I feel what my students felt . . .). What did the corrections in red whisper loudly to me?

  1. be careful when deleting unwanted words and phrases - make sure you completely deleted everything
  2. double check the days/dates mentioned (past and future events can be wrongly reported if you screw this matter up)
  3. when there's a short point or sentence here and there, find somewhere in another paragraph to slip it in.
Well that's it for now. Gotta go, gotta be meticulous, man!

No comments: