Friday, March 28, 2008

Down but not (trying to be) out

It's finally here - the exhaustion of 'teacher work' - it has finally caught up and I'm feeling drained and zombie-like, just floating into classes and mumbling information without much thought or connectivity to the lesson, the students or to my self. I've got stuck in a boring rut with some of my classes/lessons and feel discouraged to get up and do something new and exciting to add necessary zing to the lesson and me. I just wish I need not be there in these lessons to teach - the subject matter is boring, the students indifferent and uninterested. Yet, it is the challenge I must overcome, the Goliath I must slay, the chance to be great which I must embrace . . . I am in the process of becoming an excellent teacher with amazing teaching skills in an amazingly entertaining and mentally stimulating class (how's that for a positive confession - yeah!!!)

No comments: