Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Road to Perdition

One of the constant source of frustration, anger and potential destruction of my car is the road leading in to my farm house. It is constantly in bad shape, thanks to our heavy rainfall almost everyday, rough use by big 4X4 wheels of my neighbours car and a badly created 'road'. It usually ends up as a river for the rain water to flow away and a meeting place for mud and sand.





Upon entering the 'road' to my farm house you are greeted by several large holes that just grows deeper and larger by the day.

You then have to turn right uphill facing a slope of slippery mud and again several sink mud-holes. Next its a slope down that is slippery and muddy - does wonders to your car's suspension.


Lastly, its the final stretch to my house through the valley of the rut of mud - beware the rocks may scrape the bottom of the car.

And speaking of car, this is how my car looks like after every trip back home. Thank God it's still in one piece!

Anyone willing to help repair this road? I know it costs a 'bomb' to repair and I suspect you need to know what you are doing if this problem is to be rectified correctly. Till then its drive carefully, pray hard and fill up the holes with whatever stones I can find/buy. Happy driving!

No comments: