Monday, March 10, 2008

Robbed . . . finally

I guess it was something just waiting to happen sooner or later - my car was broken into today at around 3pm when I was buying something from a supermarket nearby. Strangely, when I stepped out of the car, I felt that it was a suitable target for a break in and so I took a large storybook and covered my portable CD player that was at the back of the car (it was rather obvious) not noticing my wife's handbag on the front passenger seat. You guessed it - the thief (thieves) smashed the front passenger door window, put his hand in (assuming it's a he) and took the bag plus my wife's handphone nearby. That's all that was missing but I'm sure I had it coming. My car is my second home and with so many things in it, it was just a matter of time plus a dropping of my guard and wham! a perfect piece of tantalizing crime bait. Anyway, I'm glad it was only a handbag and handphone. The thieves missed a lot of other valuables littered all over my car (valuable to me I mean). I also have my car and the repairs didn't cost a bomb. So it's okay! For the thief (or thieves) a little prayer commending them to a just God to punish suitably and justly either in this life or the next was made (get what you deserve from God - He's the best avenger!). The crime level in Kuching is rising slowly but surely and I guess this is just another indication of it and a reminder to me to get my car in order and all the stuff I leave in it. How's your car?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, so sorry to hear about that.