Monday, July 23, 2007

A slave to the company

My depression continues, draining me of all my zest for life, my creative juices and my love for life and work. It has also brought about a very painful headache and an intense need to sleep - I usually fall into a deep sleep by 9 or 10 pm!
As I ponder my slide down sighland, I realise that I have not realised and embrace my new identity - I am actually a slave and no longer boss and master of my own life/career. I live to do as required by the school and students and have almost no power to refuse. Instead it's find ways to cope, to handle and to successfully complete the unending waves of task (paper work, marking and calculating is the worst) that pound on you daily.
I realise that if I accept my new identity as slave, than working hard, for long hours with very little time for other pursuits, with little or no gratitude from school or students and being almost totally not respected, honored and obeyed, what more appreciated IS my due, my share, my accepted lot as all slaves throughout the generations.
But it so hard when I have been boss, lord of my own life; where my work has been appreciated, neeeded, welcomed and praised and time for pursuits I enjoy is amply available. Oh how I miss my past lives . . .
Those who work for the government are called servants. I wonder if those who work for private companies/organisations are called SLAVES?
Me - school slave?

No comments: