Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Alls well when its in the open

I went clean with my students (of the last posting) and was surprised to hear that most of the 'fault' did not lie with me. Instead it was the subject, the time and the condition of the students.

Even so, I could have made things better if I improved in the following areas:
  • change of goal - from giving information to know in order to pass exams to information to discover and improve general knowledge
  • lessen amount of me talking and increase more ops for students to talk
  • use of multi-media

It's good to correct my wrong thinking - instead of blaming myself to finding what I can change to improve and then doing it. May this class be better next year with the changes I will be making - for my sake and sanity!

No comments: